IELTS Speaking: Unexpected Questions

You just got a question that you have no idea about during your speaking test. What do you do?
Well, don’t panic
Try not to say ‘I don’t know’, use one of these expression to give yourself a second to think 

1. It’s hard to say, but perhaps …
2. I don’t have a personal opinion on this issue, but I suppose …
3. That’s an interesting idea/topic/point and I think I would have to say that …
4. Hmmmmm, I am not really sure, but …
5. I don’t know much about that, but … 
6. I don’t really know much about that, but …

If after using one of these phrases you still have no ideas, try to focus on a part of the question you do know about and move on to that. It is not ideal, but it is a lot better than saying nothing at all. For example if they asked you about ‘the British Royal Family’

IELTS Triumph
~ Every little helps ~
                                          
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IELTSTriumph
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IeltsTriumph
Email: ieltstriumph.english@gmail.com
Instagram:   @ieltstriumph

No comments:

Post a Comment